Most mothers, because of this gift, would bend over backwards for their children. Don't mess with Mama Bear, it's like a fight or flight effect when we sense danger or possible hurt.
Today, we praise and applaud the mom who stays at home with her kids (and so we should). But what about the mom who needs to work (for whatever reason), I think it's also needed to thank her.
There was a time when I needed to work. The mommy-guilt that I placed upon myself was heavy and unnecessary. I actually brought one of my daughter's blankets to work with me when I had to go back after maternity leave expired... just so I could take the baby smell with me.
I see you, Mom who has to work. Your heart is for your home, and you long to be there as much as possible. God sees you too. Do your best, and stop beating yourself up. You are a wonderful mother!
It sometimes means quality, over quantity at this season of life. It means doing special things from afar so they know that you care and that you are there for them. They simply need to know that you love them leaps and bounds above your work.
Some ways working moms (outside the home) can bless their children:
1) Leave a post it note by their bed telling them that you appreciate them (be specific).
2) Set aside a special mom/child date, just the two of you.
3) Create a Mama and Me Love Journal.
4) Take them to work with you one day so they can appreciate what you do.
5) Tell them that you miss them when they aren't with you and that you love them. .
6) Leave the guilt in the dirt... that's how you can really bless them. Do your best, with the time and financial state of your own home and walk away with a heart full of joy and peace. That's how you can really bless your child. A happy, content mother is the best kind of gift you can offer them! They will remember that, and cherish it forever.
Subscribe in a reader